Plant Design Process
1) Ongoing discussion with owners/architects about design intent for the space.
2) Evaluate the site and environmental conditions for plant material.
3) Formulate the plant design concept with suggested plants once the shop drawing sign-off is obtained.
4) Once design concept is finalized and approved the realistic install date is established so plants can be secured.
5) Plants and materials are sent to the nursery who will plant it up into the final design to grow for the agreed upon time which depends on the time of year and region and plants desired.
A soft curvilinear design suggests movement and flow. Some contemporary designs are more rectilinear with clean lines. A mix of a few green plants can be used for a more muted background. Elements such as wood, stone, logos, TV monitors, glass, ect. can be incorporated into a green wall.