1) Ongoing discussion with owners/architects about design intent for the space.
2) Evaluate the site and environmental conditions for plant material.
3) Formulate the plant design concept with suggested plants once the shop drawing sign-off is obtained.
4) Once design concept is finalized and approved the realistic install date is established so plants can be secured.
5) Plants and materials are sent to the nursery who will plant it up into the final design to grow for the agreed upon time which depends on the time of year and region and plants desired.