Also referred to as wall garden, bio wall or vertical garden, a green wall is a peculiar type of garden which grows vertically and can be built both on the exterior and interior side of a building. Some of the more popular green wall systems are tray systems, pre-grown panel systems, and trellis vining systems.
In addition to the beauty it adds to the environment, green walls have many outdoor and indoor benefits that make them a popular choice for architects and interior designers.
Outdoor benefits of green walls
The benefits of outdoor green walls depend on the result you want, budget, climate and available space. Some of the benefits of outdoor green walls include:
Beauty: with green walls installed in an environment, a dull environment can be transformed into an alluring and inviting home and have an immediate “wow” effect on passers-by
Increased Biodiversity in cities: help reduces the loss of biodiversity due to the adverse effects of urbanization.
Reduced noise pollution: noise pollution is a major setback in the major towns and is managed with the introduction of green walls because they have the ability to absorb sound. The structure of green walls helps reduce the very high-frequency noise by absorbing and reflecting any noise that crosses its path.
Building structure safety: they provide protection to building structures by helping control the climate of the environment. The planting prevents the fluctuations in temperatures which in turn prevents the building(s) from corrosion which results from contraction and expansion that occurs during hot temperatures.
Decreased building upkeep; they guard the outside coatings, along with the masonry from ultraviolet light and rain. Also, they boost the air-tightness and seal of the windows, doors, and cladding by decreasing the effects of wind pressure.
Interior Advantages of Green Walls
Indoor green walls applications are usually used in residential, office buildings all around the world and also for commercial purpose, the size of the green walls vary from small to large depending on the available interior space, budget, and desired outcome. Some of the indoor benefits of green walls include, however not limited to:
1. Reduction of stress and mental health benefits: green walls have the ability to reduce stress and calm a disturbed person by softening the surrounding environment. Studies have shown that with green walls installed in offices, employees can focus and perform better on any task assigned to them. Green walls also improve the health of people since cleaner and more purified air circulates the surrounding leading to enhanced concentration, healthier employees/team and fewer sick days.
2. Temperature regulation: they act as natural air conditionals by balancing the amount of moisture inside the building. They also regulate the amount of heat that enters buildings. This implies that you may not necessarily need air conditioning systems if you have green walls installed in your homes or offices. They also help in reducing the effects of urban heat islands, by absorbing heat. Green life is truly a live saver.
3. Cleaner supply of air: they act as natural air filters in urban areas. In cities, the air is usually polluted with carbon mono oxide and other impurities. So the function of green walls is to carefully remove the impurities and supply cleaner air to the environment.
Other Advantages of Green Walls
1. A big business booster for companies: when green walls are installed in enterprises, customers will be attracted to your business. Adding green walls to office buildings is a creative way of attracting customers.
2. Reduction of storm/rain water runoff.
You too can enjoy these benefits today by visiting our website for samples of our products. We would love you to enjoy these benefits that green walls offer. Contact us now for a quote.